Communication Style Workshop: how can I communicate more effectively?
Have you ever wanted to know more about yourself and all the people in your life, both in business and personal life? Are you communicating effectively with your peers and teams?
Which of the following best describes you?
- Are you assertive, quick to make decisions, strong-willed and determined? If so, you are most likely to be a ‘Goal Getter’.
- Or are you analytical, reserved, perfectionist, interested in the detail? Then you are likely to be an ‘Analyst’.
- Or if you are a team player, friendly, approachable and patient you are most likely to be a ‘Facilitator’.
- Or if you are creative, fast-paced, spontaneous and energetic, you are most likely to be an ‘Enthusiast’.
Who should attend?
Anybody who communicates as part of their role – sales personnel, all managers, team leaders and customer service teams.
This course should underpin the culture of any progressive organisation, as well as give individuals a better understanding of how to get the best out of all forms of communication.
- Improve relationships in all aspects of working and personal life, leading to improved team working, customer interactions and business results
- Understand your own preferred communication style
- Understand and manage the strengths and danger zones of each of the four styles
- Tips on adapting your style for mutual gain
- Introduction and objectives
- The importance of excellent communication skills in the workplace
- Fun communication exercise
- Understand the communication model using the CAFE model (identify which personality you are most like: are you a Goal Getter, Analyst, Facilitator, or Enthusiast?)
- Tips for adapting your style
- Rapport building
- Introduction to body language in relation to the four CAFE styles
- Understand your preferred language style (Auditory, Kinesthetic, Digital) and communicate with your customers in their language style
- Personal Action Plan
Number of delegates: up to 12
This is a highly interactive and fun workshop which guarantees to improve morale, motivation and communication skills and styles.
Course duration can be adapted for either a half-day or a full day
Some pre-work is required 4 weeks prior to attendance at this workshop.