This workshop demonstrates how to improve negotiation skills through gaining a better understanding of one’s opponent and the confidence not to settle for less than is fair. The participants will learn that an atmosphere of respect is essential, as win-lose negotiations could lead to problems in the future.
Although people often think of boardrooms, suits, and million pound deals when they hear the word negotiation, the truth is that we negotiate all the time. Through this Negotiations Skills workshop participants will be able to understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations, and the skills needed for successful negotiating.
Who should attend a Negotiation Skills Workshop?
Experienced sales people, or team members who have to negotiate in a selling role. This course is aimed at personnel who want to enhance or refresh their existing skills.
- Workshop and personal Objectives
- The difference between Selling and Negotiation
- What is Negotiation?
- Essential Skills
- Let’s Negotiate – game
- 4 Negotiating Skills
The 6-step Negotiating Process
- Negotiating Model
- Negotiating Strategies
- Positional Bargaining
- Principled Negotiation
Prepare for Negotiation
- What do you need to prepare?
- Prepare Yourself
- Prepare Other Side
- Dealing with Fears and Hot Buttons
- Rules of Negotiation
Negotiation with different styles
- How to negotiate with the 4 communication styles of the CAFÉ model
- What is your preferred negotiation style
Exchange Information and Bargain
- Identify Negotiation Elements
- The Language
- Trading Concessions – what?
- Invent Options for Mutual Gain
- Understand BATNA, WATNA, WAP
- Strategies to bring Opponent from ‘No’ to ‘Yes’
- Strategies for dealing with negative Emotion
- Top 10 Negotiation Tactics
- Dealing with Impasse
- Price Negotiation Tips
Close the Negotiation
- How to move from Bargaining to Closing
- The Closing Process
- Examples of Different Types of Negotiation
- Questions to ask to close
- Build a Sustainable Agreement
Personal action plan
Number of delegates: up to 12
This workshop involves pre work and an on-line self-assessment of their current negotiation styles.
The course assumes participants already have a good understanding and practical experience of the sales process, questioning and closing skills.
All participants leave with a personalised workbook.
Duration: 2 days.