Who should attend a Leadership Skills training course?
All managers and team leaders, from any discipline, to put into practice the theory and principles of leadership. The techniques can also be useful in strategic sales roles e.g. Key Accounts Managers.
About the Leadership Skills Workshop
- Skills of managers and leaders
- Understanding your own leadership style
- Defining performance in behavioural terms
- Determine and analyse reasons behind performance discrepancy
- Leadership in management
- Principles of ‘one minute manager’ in practice
- Understanding why people behave the way they do
- Using feedback to improve performance issues
- Balancing consequences (or balancing solutions)
- Development levels of your team
- Real life action plan
- Refresher objectives and key objectives
- What is the difference in skills between leader and manager?
- Understand your leadership communication style
- Introduction to managing performance
- Putting this theory into practice
- Tips on giving feedback and reinforcement
- Leadership styles
- Strengths and weaknesses of different style types
- Personalities’ leadership style exercise
- Identify your own team’s development level (G levels)
- Putting it all together
- Feedback forms and self-action forms
Number of delegates: up to 6
This workshop uses lots of real life examples and requires some pre-course work and some evening work.
Duration: 2 days.