Veterinary Business Services
Veterinary Business Services
As a qualified ex veterinary Nurse, and former national sales manager of 3 blue chip veterinary pharmaceutical companies and a marketing manger for both veterinary and Animal health companies, Karen offers a range of veterinary business services which combine a wealth of practical experience in many disease therapy areas.
She has sold and marketed products in the following therapy areas:
- Endoparasiticides in both large animal and companion animal markets
- Pain therapy
And worked in companies specialising in:
- the dairy industry
- Veterinary insurance
- Veterinary instruments
Karen is well trained in sales and marketing and acquainted with the majority of the brands and companies supplying these products, which makes all the training and consultancy in these areas a natural fit for our veterinary clients.
She also works with other specialist marketing consultants*, including one who is a qualified veterinary surgeon, and another a veterinary nurse (details can be provided on request), and together we can make a BIG impact on your business.
We offer a range of services for our veterinary clients, either within veterinary practices themselves, or for veterinary pharmaceuticals and other veterinary services companies where we have run many specific courses in:
- Communication Skills: to improve communication to both internal and external customers, using a proven model
- Mystery Shopping: for practices to understand their areas of strength and areas to address to improve client service
- Customer Relationship and Reception Skills: for reception and front-of-house team members
- Marketing workshops
And we held a number of new workshops in summer 2016 at the College of Animal Welfare – please check out their website.
(Vital Spark’s speciality interest)
- One-to-one field sales coaching and assessment using the VitalSpark core competencies assessment for feedback and development plan
- One-to-one coaching of newly appointed regional and national sales managers
- Mystery shopping of companies at trade shows to produce a detailed report on the skills and development areas both for sales and marketing personnel – please enquire for more information on this powerful and informative service
- “Real play” – used extensively in the medical pharmaceutical world, we take small teams of individuals into real practices to get feedback on key areas of their sales, marketing and presentation skills from a group of client professionals (eg veterinary surgeons). Sessions are arranged in accordance with the client’s customer base and followed up with a detailed report. (If, as a veterinary practitioner, you would like to join this panel please get in touch.)
- Bespoke training developed with veterinary pharmaceuticals companies to provide tailored sales training workshops for their clients – the veterinary practices
- Sales management: either as consultant for a newly formed team, for acquisitions and mergers, or for experienced teams who need some fresh ideas and input.
- Examples of some of the work recently completed in a recent veterinary acquisition:
- 2-year sales force effectiveness programme